BOARD MEETING MINUTES
April 11, 2019
Present were: Rella, Norma, Sharon, Jan, Kathy, Lance, Don, and Chenoweth.
The special meeting was called to order by Rella at 3:00, and was held in the Brownsville City Hall Council Chambers.
The grant requests were discussed and the following grants were made:
- Sharing Hands/Summer Fun for the Friday Fun/Summer Fun enrichment program – $500.00.
- Central Linn Elementary School PTC for fencing – $750.00
- Central Linn Gleaners – Preserving Today’s Abundance – $250.00
- Central Linn Gleaners – Fuel Fund – $250.00
- Central Linn Recreation Center sports equipment – $983.00
- Oregon Cascades West Council of Governments for Meals On Wheels – $1,100.00
- Halsey-Shedd Rural Fire Department – Jacob’s Kits – $1,000.00.
- Calapooia Watershed Council educational programs for school students – $600.00.
- Central Linn High School for basketballs – $742.00.
- Brownsville Senior Center/Brownsville Garden Club for watering downtown flower barrels – $500.00.
- Willamette Valley Quilts of Valor for postage – $500.00.
- Sharing Hands food bank for computers – $1,325.00.
Grants totaled $8,500.00.
Chenoweth will send out letters notifying the organizations of the grants. We need pictures of the projects 2 weeks before the Gala to be included in the new brochure.
Chenoweth will get worksheets to the Board members.
Wendy reported that Vance is doing the invitations for the Gala and they will be at the library by next Wednesday. Kathy brought up the question of flyers, and Don will hand them out.
Chenoweth Robertson, sec.