August, 2022 – Minutes

August 4, 2022


Committee Members Present Absent Committee Members Present Absent
Kathy Rogers x Don Ware x
Norma Hoover x Lance Wilson x
Wendy Parker x Chenoweth Robertson x
Jan Schilling x Mary Canaday x

Also present was Vance Parrish, who came in late, and Donna Black, who is with Georgia Pacific Corp.

The meeting was called to order by Kathy at 3:00 p.m.

Donna presented the foundation with a check for $500, and left immediately afterwards.

Norma shared the article about the Train Dedication Event that was held by the City of Halsey in honor of Rella Johnson.

Don volunteered to write up a history of the Foundation.

The June minutes were approved as presented.

The treasurer’s report was accepted as presented.

Kathy reported that she is working with Lance on an article for the newspaper which will be done before our September meeting. She also said that she has spoken with Vance regarding Donorbox. Vance said that our PayPal account has been deactivated and we will have to go with another company called Stripe. He will need to go through the rest of the process with Wendy.

Don is still contacting possible donors on a regular basis.

Letters to donors were discussed. We will bring a copy of past letters to the September meeting and a list of potential donors.

Participation in community events was discussed. Norma had a table at Pioneer Picnic and people stopped by and got information. We need to get stuff from Lance to hand out. A table at the farmer’s market is a possibility.

By-laws and Norms were discussed. Kathy pointed out that according to the By-laws we should have an annual financial review. The Board agreed that we need to do this, and Kathy will talk with Wendy. Mary moved and Don seconded that this be added to the November calendar. Motion passed.

Our next meeting will be September 1st.

Respectfully submitted,
Chenoweth Robertson, Secretary