Article Provided Courtesy of The Times, Brownsville OR – Written By Vance Parrish
Following the selection process, which took place during the Central Linn Community Foundations April Meeting, they have chosen the 2023 recipients for grants. Grants are made available for projects that support and promote educational and charitable activities that improve the health, vitality, and overall quality of life in the Central Linn Community. CLCF Grants are not intended meant to completely cover the cost of most projects, but it does give the organization a help or step in the right direction in the eventual completion of that particular project.
These local non-profits have received 2023 Grants and are part of the heart of this strong and vibrant community:
- Central Linn Gleaners – for operating costs.
- Sharing Hands – for help replacing their furnace.
- Brownsville Garden Club – for help covering the watering expenses for the flower barrels downtown.
- Linn County Pioneer Association – for a new computer system
- Calapooia Food Alliance – for help with the Power of Produce program for children
- Central Linn Elementary PTC – for help with playground equipment
- Central Linn Recreation Center/Association for help with upgrades.