February 13, 2020
|Committee Members||Present||Absent||Committee Members||Present||Absent|
|Rella Johnson||x||Jan Schilling||x|
|Norma Hoover||x||Don Ware||x|
|Sharon McCoy||x||Lance Wilson||x|
|Wendy Parker||x||Chenoweth Robertson||x|
Vance Parrish and Lori Garcy were also in attendance.
The meeting was called to order by Kathy at 3:00.
The minutes of the January meeting were read and approved as presented.
Don gave the Treasurer’s report. We have almost $40,000 with the Benton Community Foundation. We have an ending balance of $13,409.69. He also reported that the Benton Community Foundation will be having a dinner, and he will send the information to us. The report was approved as presented.
- Wendy and Vance eliminated redundancies in the application, and it has been posted to the website.
- Don reported on the Chamber of Commerce meeting. He spoke at the meeting, and had the Calapooyia Food Alliance and Sharing Hands give presentations on what their grants were used for. He also requested a donation from the Chamber. This will be on a future agenda.
- Lance reported on the new brochure. It was decided that the wording on where our funds come from should be changed, which he will do. Lance will email the corrected brochure to the Board for final approval. It and was approved that Lance be authorized to spend up to $200 for the brochure printing. Lance also said that he has a connection for getting banners made, if we need to do this in the future.
Rella’s resignation was accepted.
Lori then took over the session. The following things were discussed:
- Better recognition. We currently speak to the following groups: Chamber of Commerce, Lions Club, Halsey and Brownsville City Councils. We could speak to the following: American Legion, Senior Center, Booster Club, Women’s Study Club, Pollyanna’s, the Priscilla Club, Parent Teacher Club, Calapooyia Food Alliance, Garden Club, and the Central Linn Recreation Center. We currently do speaking, brochures, articles in the paper, advertising, website, You Tube, the gala, word of mouth, and letters to get the word out. We could also do Facebook, radio stations, have tables at events, do an email newsletter, do postcards, and improve our auto pay system.
- Brochures. We currently have brochures at the Times, Brownsville City Hall, and the Visitor Center. We could also have them at Halsey City Hall, the Museum, Libraries, American Legion/Senior Center, Pioneer Villa, Scio City Hall, Crawfordsville Market, Shedd Market, Randy’s Main Street Coffee, Carlson’s, restaurants, the Pharmacy, fire stations, attorneys, insurance offices in Halsey and Brownsville.
- We currently do articles in the newspaper highlighting the recipients, and announcements regarding applications. We do an article about the gala, and advertising. We should take advantage of both city newsletters, and the Democrat-herald.
Lori will get this information organized and get it to us so we can come up with a plan for accomplishing these goals.
Lance reported that he had met with Scott McDowell regarding the swap meet. The Recreation Center is booked solid, but we might be able to work out a date. Cost would be free. He’s talking with the railroad club. The swap meet is still a possibility, and he will get additional information.
The next meeting will be March 5, 2020.
Meeting adjourned at 4:20.
Chenoweth Robertson, Secretary