BCF Board Meeting
January 7, 2016
President Don Ware called the meeting to order at 2:05 pm.
Members present: Don Lori Chenoweth Mark Jan Kathy Scott
Members absent: Jennifer
Member Resignation: Bob
Minutes: Minutes from the December 3, 2015 were read and approved.
Treasurer’s Report: Actual income for 2015 is $13,756.73.
- Training – Conference call was set for January 21, 2016 at 2:00. Training was set for goal setting on February 4 and fundraising on March 3 at 2:00
- Domain name change – It was agreed to change the web site name from bvillecf.org to brownsvilleoregoncommunityfoundation.org. Steve will be asked to do this.
- Grants – The application and granting criteria were reviewed and approved with a few changes. Lori will send them to Steve to put on the web site. It was motioned to give out $9,000 in grants in 2016. The vote passed with 4 yeses and 3 nos.
- Tax letters – Don will send thank you and tax letters to 2015 donors.
- Other issues – The Board accepted Bob’s resignation and suggested possible community members to invite to join the Board.
Meeting was adjourned at 3:00 pm.
Next meeting is February 4, 2016 at 2:00 pm unless Board decides to cancel it.
Lori Garcy, BCF Secretary