BCF Board Meeting Minutes
June 3, 2016, 2016
President Don Ware called the meeting to order at 2:00 pm.
Members present: Don, Lori, Chenoweth, Mark, Kathy, Jan
Members absent: Jennifer, Scott, Wendy
Minutes: Minutes of the April meeting were approved
Treasurer’s Report: Treasure not present but report was approved
- Brochure for 2016 was reviewed and approved with minor changes. Original will be sent to Don for printing and distribution. Lori will make copies for Calapooia Food Alliance (CFA) to take to the Mother Earth Show in Albany this weekend. Don will see if CFA has a new picture for the brochure.
- Don will make a presentation of the grantees at Pioneer Picnic on June 17 at 7:00. He asked all members of the Board to be present if possible. Discussion was held regarding the grantees not coming to the presentation in the past. It was suggested that in the future, the checks should be handed out at Pioneer Picnic unless there is a reason for a grantee to get them earlier.
- Reviewed Cottage Grove Foundation information and minutes from February 2016 Board meeting as a beginning to developing our future plans for the foundation. The following things were discussed and a decision was made to go forward with them. Assignments were made to bring back information to the July meeting.
|Find samples of general vision statements from at least 5 current foundation vision statements||Chennoweth|
|Find at least one current foundation and bring as much information about them to the next meeting||All Board members|
|Draft a yearly calendar as an organizer||Lori|
|Find someone to update our website monthly||All Board Members|
- Members brainstormed the beginning of a calendar. Lori will put into draft form for the next meeting.
- Members discussed having some type of event that would thank businesses and individuals that have donated to the foundation. Additional discussion will take place at the next meeting.
- To think about: What are the duties of each member of the Board?
Meeting was adjourned at approximately 3:25. July meeting will continue to focus on planning for the BCF future.
Lori Garcy, Recording Secretary BCF