June, 2021 – Minutes

June 10, 2021


Committee Members Present Absent Committee Members Present Absent
Kathy Rogers x Don Ware x
Norma Hoover x Lance Wilson x
Wendy Parker x Chenoweth Robertson x
Jan Schilling x

Also present were Lori Garcy and Vance Parrish.-+

The meeting was called to order at 3:05 by Kathy.

The minutes were approved as presented.

Wendy gave the treasurer’s report. We have $6,486.15 in our account. The CFA and the CLES have not cashed their grant checks yet. Donna Black from Georgia-Pacific asked for an invoice for $500 so that they can send us a donation. Wendy will do this. The report was accepted as presented.

Our next meeting will be July 1st in the Kirk Room, if it’s available.

Meeting adjourned at 3:15.

We then had Lori Garcy meet with us to go over our Handbooks. The handbook was updated.  Items to work on for better recognition from the February 2020 meeting were gone over. Don will contact the American Legion and Senior Center, Chenoweth will contact the Pollyanna Club, CFA, and Garden Club to see about getting on their meeting agendas to discuss the CLCF. This is to get our name better known.

Wendy will check into display racks so that we can put our brochures in various businesses.

Gala and ways to raise money were discussed. The possible train swap meet was discussed. This is still iffy for 2021, but a possibility for 2022.

Other events were also mentioned. Possibilities were a live music and a barbecue event or an art show?

We will need to do some research on these events and find out what would be involved to put them on.

Website was discussed. Vance and Lance are still talking about doing video interviews with grantees. This would be linked to YouTube.

Respectfully submitted,

Chenoweth Robertson, secretary