March 2019 – Minutes

March 7, 2019

Present were: Don, Rella, Norma, Wendy, Jan, Sharon, Lance, and Chenoweth. Also present were Vance Parrish and Lori Garcy.

The meeting was called to order by Rella at 3:00.

The minutes of the February meeting were approved as presented.

Don gave the Treasurer’s Report. He transferred $8,000 to Benton Community Foundation. The report was approved.

Old Business:
Don reported that he has received two grant applications so far. They are from the Gleaners. He also reported that he had reserved the Community Room at City Hall for the May 22nd gala.

The gala was discussed. We need the invitations by April. Lance will work on the invitations. Wendy will do decorations, along with Jan and Sharon.

Rella reported that she had set up an email account with KeyBank in order to have her donation automatically deducted from her account. Pay Pal doesn’t work according to what Key Bank told her.

Lori talked to the Board about what we need to do for our long-range plan and to improve how the public perceives us. We need to give new members packets. Minutes need to be on the website. Social contacts are very important. There are two types of boards: the first type has a paid staff, and the second has no staff. We are the second type and have to do things ourselves. Board members have to know what their job is. The Board should check the website weekly to make sure it’s up-to-date. The agenda should be on the website a week before the meeting. Rella will send the agenda to Vance. Minutes should be posted after they are approved. Chenoweth will continue to send them to Vance.

After discussion Wendy moved and Jan seconded the motion that we continue to have Lori work with us. Motion passed.

Lance will work on the logo for stickers for envelopes. Lori suggested we check out NoDinx for coasters. Lance will check them out.

We will meet on April 4th. Grant applications will be handed out at this meeting, and Lori will be present. We will have another meeting on April 11th to make our decisions on the grants. The meetings will start at 3.

Meeting adjourned at 4:30.

Respectfully submitted,
Chenoweth Robertson, secretary