March, 2021 – Minutes

March 4, 2021


Committee Members Present Absent Committee Members Present Absent
Kathy Rogers x Don Ware x
Norma Hoover x Lance Wilson x
Wendy Parker x Chenoweth Robertson x
Jan Schilling x

Also present was Vance Parrish.

The meeting was called to order by Kathy at 3:05.

The minutes of the February meeting were accepted as presented.

Wendy gave the Treasurer’s report. The issues with KeyBank have been straightened out and Wendy is now our full-fledged treasurer. We received $650 in donations in February. Our expenses were $279.80. As of February 28, 2021 our balance is $14,226.14. We received a report from Chris Quaka of the Benton Community Foundation, and we have a balance of $47,389.53 as of December 31, 2020. The Treasurer’s report was accepted as presented.

Lance reported that he put the grant information on social media including the Brownsville Disaster site. The information will also be given to community member Jenna Stutzman to put in her newsletter. The information will also be given to the Chamber of Commerce to put on their website. Vance will put it in the Times newspaper. Wendy will put it in the City of Halsey newsletter that goes out monthly. The expenditure for putting the information in the Times was approved.

New members. Don needs the phone number of Jeff Davidson so he can contact him. He said that Jad Lemhouse is not available. Danielle Myers is willing to serve but wasn’t able to attend today’s meeting.

Calendar for 2021 was discussed. The date for the grant selection was changed to May. The state and federal reports were added to May. We will check back with Lance in June regarding possible swap meet.

The Board Member Handbook was discussed. Kathy has been working on putting one together for Danielle. She will check with Lori Garcy regarding changes made to the handbook.

In lieu of a gala this year, the possibility of of Vance and Lance doing video interviews with the grantees and putting them on the website was discussed. It was decided that this was a good idea and should be done.

Lance mentioned that we might be able to do a swap meet in the fall if COVID-19 has lifted.

Don moved for $4,000 to be put in our account with the Benton Community Foundation. Norma seconded the motion. Motion passed.

Don said that he still needs letters of completion from a couple of 2020 grantees. He also said that Chenoweth will be keeping past records as he can get them to her.

Meeting adjourned at 3:50.

Respectfully submitted,
Chenoweth Robertson, sec.