March 3, 2022
|Committee Members||Present||Absent||Committee Members||Present||Absent|
|Kathy Rogers||x||Don Ware||x|
|Norma Hoover||x||Lance Wilson||x|
|Wendy Parker||x||Chenoweth Robertson||x|
|Jan Schilling||x||Mary Canaday||x|
The meeting was called to order by Kathy at 3:00.
The minutes of the February meeting were approved as presented.
Wendy gave the treasurer’s report. We have a balance of $14, 122.39. The report was accepted.
Grant information will be in the various newsletters. Kathy reported that Lance had contacted Linda McCormick regarding putting information on Facebook. Information was also in The Times. Vance will do a full article for the paper. Mary will get it in the Halsey newsletter.
Mary reported that she is working on a Facebook page.
Vance and Wendy are working on Donorbox. They require a physical address and phone number. A cheap phone would be about $10/month. Kathy said we could use her address, and Don said we could use his phone number. Norma moved and Don seconded that we use Kathy’s address and Don’s phone number as the official information for the foundation. Motion passed.
Kathy mentioned that we had been invited to attend the Benton Community Foundation virtual event. We will decline the invitation.
Community events were discussed. So far we know about Stand By Me day, the Antique Faire, and Hands on History. We will get a more complete list of events and discuss at our April meeting.
The “gala” and/or a fundraiser was discussed. The possibility of doing a 50/50 drawing where tickets would be sold and the pot split or possibly a raffle were discussed. This could maybe done at various events. Kathy will check with Lance regarding promotional items to give to people. If we do a “gala”, we might do it in the fall.
Next meeting will be April 7th.
Meeting adjourned at 3:40.
Chenoweth Robertson, Secretary