May 5, 2021
The meeting was called to order by Kathy at 3:00.
The minutes of the April meeting were approved as presented.
Wendy gave the Treasurer’s report. We have a balance of $11,740.00. The report was accepted as presented.
Kathy reported that she had contacted Lori Garcy and that she is willing to meet with us. She would like a specific time set aside for her presentation. It was decided that we would have Lori at our June 3rd meeting, if this works for her. Kathy will contact her to be sure of the date and get back to us.
Kathy brought up that she had received a communication from Benton Community Foundation that made it sound as though they are treating our donation to our funds as regular donors. This might be brought up with them in the future.
Grant applications were discussed. The Brownsville Garden Club submitted their application late, and after discussion it was decided that we could not accept their application. It was felt that we did not want to set a precedent of accepting late applications. The following grants were approved for 2021:
– Meals On Wheels – $500.00 for the meal program.
– Sharing Hands – $1,500 for a freezer for the food bank.
– Sharing Hands – $1,500 for the garden.
– Sharing Hands – $500 for Parents & Pals.
– Calapooia Food Alliance – $500 for signage.
– Central Linn Elementary School Parent Teacher Club – $500 for art supplies.
– Central Linn Gleaners – $1,500 for a freezer.
The total amount of grants for 2021 was $6,500. Jan moved and Don seconded that these grants be approved. Motion passed.
Meeting adjourned at 3:45.
Chenoweth Robertson, secretary