BOARD MEETING MINUTES
November 2, 2017
Present were: Lori, Kathy, Rella, Wendy, Don, me and guest Chris Quaka from Benton County Foundation.
Meeting was called to order at 2:02 by Lori.
The October and September minutes were approved.
Don gave the Treasurer’s report. We have received $2,725 in donations. He reported that we received $1,000 from Wastewater Management (Sweet Home Sanitation), which is a pass through to be given to a student. We are having a problem with PayPal, which should be worked out.
Chris Quaka from the Benton Community Foundation gave a presentation. The role of the Board in fundraising was discussed.
- Connect people’s interests.
- The Gala that we held was good.
- Follow up with people who attended.
- Follow up and follow through.
- To acquire donors you must engage, ask, steward, and acquire. Don’t forget donors are people.
What are our strengths?
- Give grants
- Strong core of leaders
- List of contacts
What are our weaknesses?
- Growing the Board.
- Asking for money. We don’t have a fundraiser to organize us.
- Ask for time, treasure, or talent.
- Rella suggested putting an article in the Halsey City newsletter.
- “Grip and Grin”. Meet with three people that we’re interested in getting involved.
- Send letter. Think of return letter.
- Keep donors informed.
How do you keep donors engaged and happy?
- Ask letter
- Thank you
- If don’t give at first, send a second letter in a couple of months.
- Include a save the date for the event in May.
- At the event in May, if people still haven’t donated, send a letter in June
- Work list.
- Plan what’s next as a team.
- How can BCF benefit us.
Chenoweth reported that we are on the agenda for both the Halsey and Brownsville City Council agendas. Lori and Don will make a presentation to the Chamber.
Chenoweth and Kathy reported on the officers slate for 2018. President, Don Ware; Vice President, Kathy Rogers; Treasurer, Jan Schilling; Secretary, Chenoweth Robertson.
Lori will be resigning from the Board, but hopes to be back in a couple of years. December will be her last meeting.
Possible members were discussed. They are: Sharon McCoy, Kathy Otis, Chris Seale, Gwen Landon, Heather Timmons, and Tina Fitzmorris.
Don will bring a list of donors to the next meeting.
Meeting adjourned at 3:35.
Chenoweth Robertson, Sec.