BOARD MEETING MINUTES
October 5, 2017
Present were: Lori, Don and Wendy.
Guest – Chris Quaka, Director, Benton Community Foundation
The meeting was called to order by Lori at 2:05pm.
Minutes and Treasurer’s report were tabled due to lack of Quorum. Although, Don noted total donations of $1,025.
Chris Quaka gave an energizing presentation on the BCF and successful fundraising. He distributed a pamphlet to the group which included his business card, a letter from the Chair of BCF, a Save the Date for the 65 years event in March 2018 and an information flyer.
He also touched on the following:
- He has a 90 minute Fund Development Plan he would share which includes fundraising by word of mouth and relationships.
- Major fundraising season is Mid-September to first of May.
- “Friendraiser Party” a more intimate fundraiser for a small group in your home.
- He noted Facebook provides legitimacy and not necessarily dollars.
- Share the experiences rather than ask for money.
- How are we going to promote this gift after we receive it?
- He expressed how we are the “silent partner” to the groups that receive our grants.
- We have good stories and photos and need to share them.
Mr. Quaka will return for our November meeting with a 45 minute presentation in regards to Media Market fundraising, role of Board in fundraising and working with current donors.
Nominating Committee: Kathy, Jan and Chenowith were selected.
Lori has requested that each Board Member return to the November 2nd meeting with 2-3 names of potential new Board Members.
Meeting adjourned at 3:20pm