October 2018 – Minutes

OCTOBER 4, 2018

Board members present were Wendy, Don, Keren, Rella, and Chenoweth. Vance Parrish and Lance Wilson were also present.

Meeting was called to order at 3:05 ay President Don.

The minutes of the September meeting were approved as presented.

Don gave the treasurer’s report. We have $11,290.51 in the bank.

Keren said that she would work with Joni Nelson on getting an automatic contribution set up with Key Bank.

Fundraising was discussed. Vance said that there are two ways to change PayPal accounts. You can stop the old account and put in a new one, or do a second repetitive donation. Don thought that our fundraising goal of $15,000 was possible. Chenoweth will contact the cities of Brownsville and Halsey regarding donations.

Lance Wilson gave a presentation regarding the logo design. He is a senior studying graphic design at OSU, and this would be his “capstone” project. Several designs were discussed and suggestions made. He will take this information and come up with a design for our approval. Lance also does photography and stories, and he can include these in his project. He will write stories on each of the grantees for the newspaper. Vance noted that the articles need to be more thorough than they have been in the past. Lance will also get some fundraising ideas from other foundations. He’ll work with Vance on the website. He’ll put his ideas in a PDF format for us.

The next meeting will be on November 1st at 3:30.

Meeting adjourned at 3:30.

Respectfully submitted,
Chenoweth Robertson, secretary