CLCF Board Meeting
September 1, 2016, 2016
The meeting was called to order at 2:00 pm by President Don Ware.
Members present: Mark, Chenoweth, Don, Lori, Wendy, Kathy
Members absent: Jan
Approve August Minutes: Minutes were read and approved.
Treasurer’s Report: Don shared the new budget format he has been working on and will have it filled in for the next meeting. Chenoweth is now able to sign checks. The Board took action to allow one signature if the check amount is $500 or less. Any checks over $500 will need two signatures. The treasures report was approved.
- Update on Name change, Calendar, Definition of a Community Foundation, By-Laws and WEB – Lori shared that some of the items approved by the Board are on the web but not all of them. She has not been able to get in contact with Steve for the last few weeks, but hopes that the rest of the items will be on the web as soon as she is able to contact him.
- New Member Selection Criteria – Kathy and Chenoweth – Kathy and Chenoweth shared the work they did. The Board reviewed the criteria and the new Board member application and approved them with a few modifications. These will be put on the web site.
- Fund Management/Monthly Reports – Mark and Don – Mark shared that he had contacted different Foundations for information on what they do for fundmanagement. He will set up a meeting later this month to meet with the retiring Benton County foundation director. Much more work needs to be done in this area.
- How People can give/Types of acceptable Donations – Wendy shared what she and Jan worked on. It was a great list and a discussion took place around restricted and unrestricted donations. Additional information will be added to list and brought back to the next meeting.
- Grant Selection Criteria/Types of grants – Lori presented the grants criteria and list of types of grants. The items were approved with a few minor changes. These will also be put on the web site.
- Board Member Duties and Responsibilities – There wasn’t enough time to do this item. It will be brought back to the next meeting.
- A nominating committee will be selected at the next meeting in October.
New Business: None
Adjourn: The meeting was adjourned at 3:25.
The next meting will be Thursday, October 6 at 2:00 pm.
A discussion will need to take place to decide on how many Board members we want for the 2017 year and do we want to have a Vice President since we now have one listed in our by-laws
Lori Garcy, Recording Secretary