September 2017 – Minutes


September 7, 2017

Present were: Lori, Don, Kathy, Wendy, Rella, Jan, and Chenoweth.

The meeting was called to order by Lori at 2:05.

The minutes were approved as presented.

Don presented the Treasurer’s report. He will get PayPal on next month’s report. The Treasurer’s report was approved as presented.

Lori and Don announced that we will get $1,500 from Georgia-Pacific. They met with the people at Georgia-Pacific, and were told that we will continue to get funds every year, as long we send in the paperwork. GP suggested that we talk to Cascade Pacific and get them to match GP’s donation. Jan will talk with them.

Social media was discussed. We still need to get somebody to handle this for us. Lori will talk with Linda Hoyer to see if there is a high school student who would be willing to do this for us as a community service project.

The donor list was discussed. Board members should get a list of names of the people who were invited to our May event to Don before the next meeting. He will coordinate names, so that donation request letters can be sent out. This will be gone over at the October meeting.

Lori met with Vance, and he will be updating our website.

Kathy has worked things out with Amazon Smile regarding our name change. Our account has been updated to Central Linn Community Foundation. Kathy has the account information. and Lori also has a copy of the information should it be needed in the future.

We will be meeting with Chris Quaka from the Benton Community Foundation at our October meeting. The following questions were brought up to be discussed with him:

  • How to use social media.
  • Does he have fundraising suggestions.
  • How do they set up funds under the Benton Community Foundation, and how are they administered?
  • Agencies he would recommend that we could ask for funding.
  • How do we do transfer funds.

If anybody comes up with more questions before the meeting, they can let Lori know.

Chenoweth announced that she will be out of town for the October meeting, and that Kathy would be taking her place.

Meeting adjourned at 2:45.

Respectfully submitted,
Chenoweth Robertson