September 2018 – Minutes

September 6, 2018

Present were Don, Kathy, Wendy, Rella, and Chenoweth.

The meeting was called to order at 2:00 by Don.

The minutes were approved as read.

Don gave the Treasurer’s report. We have $10,965 in the bank. Our goal is to reach $15,000 by December 31st. The report was accepted.

Fundraising was discussed. We should each try to contact 5 people before December, and send our list to Don.

Board membership was discussed. Donna Black from Georgia-Pacific might be a possibility, if the new manager does not work out. Lori Garcy has said that she is willing to return in January. Don will ask Mark Running if he wants to return.

Don reported that checks have been sent out for the 2018 grants, but final reports are not in.

Logos were discussed. We went over the logos that Kathy’s friend, Lance, had given us. We would like a round shape, list of services, and towns covered. Kathy will have Lance come up with some revised logos.

Articles for the newspaper were discussed. Kathy will do one on the Calapuyia Food Alliance for September. Wendy will do one on Sharing Hands and the Learning Tree for December, Rella will do one on the Halsey art project for March, Don will do an article on the grant applications for April, Don will also do an article on the Gleaners for either October or November and the Quilts of Valor, Kathy will do one on the Garden Club for February. An article will also be done on the Rec. Center in January.

Our next meeting will be October 4th.

Meeting adjourned at 3:00.

Respectfully submitted,
Chenoweth Robertson